Saturday, August 21, 2010

Day 21 ~ A recipe

Seriously!? Any recipe?! .... just one?!! Oh, the things that are going through my head....

There's the enchilada recipe that we use...

There's the Hot Cocoa Mix recipe that I make at least three times during the winter...

There's our favorite way to do salmon...

There's...

Well, I am being lazy and I don't want to get up and find one from the kitchen. So you get my favorite cocoa mix, cause I make it a lot and it's easy to remember without having to go look. It comes from my other mother (AKA Grams) :)

(If you think you might like one of the other recipes, just ask!)



Gram's Hot Cocoa Mix

(everything is proportional, if you want a lot use cups, if you want a little use your 1/4 cup measure - super easy!)

6 parts powdered milk
4 parts powdered sugar
1 part cocoa powder

sift all together and keep in an air tight container (the sifting is important)

when you want some hot cocoa put 3-4 heaping spoonfuls into a mug and add hot water. You can also add marshmallows and/or creamer to taste.

2 comments:

-A. said...

YUM. I intend to copy this down and give it a shot! Ooh, maybe a shot of coffee, too... :) Does it work for cold chocolate milk? I'm still looking for one that actually dissolves in the milk.

stina978 said...

A, haven't tried it cold... except for when I make it warm and it's gets cold sitting there (usually I reheat it, cause I wanted it warm)