Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Day 18 ~ My wedding


Our Bridal Shower (Steve's ma- Susan, Steve, me, Steve's Aunt Karen and his Grandma)


A small part of the rehearsal dinner (Beck, Rachel, me my bro- Michael)

Our Wedding was Aug 4, 2000 (that was a Friday). It was a bit drizzly (I've heard that's good) and yet a bit sunny too.

My day started with my cousin, and maid of honor, waking me up so that we could go get hair and make-up done. We then went to get a bit of food, which I later found out that Steve had gone to the same restaurant at some point (earlier or later, I can't remember). Then we went to the church to get dressed.


my parents!
I think there was some mad rushing to finish a dress or two...


ready and waiting in the hall

The ceremony was at 1pm

Mike and mom


my lovely girl, Ariella


Cousin, and maid of honor Rachel


as a side note my nice poofy slip didn't make it to my wedding- so my dress is a bit deflated :(



Flower girl- Jessica and ring bearer- Thomas

Post Ceremony pictures





My girls


Wedding party


The parents


The cake- made by my 'other mother'
(a Beth Moore term for the mommy in my life that didn't birth me)

Steve and I have never really been ones for big extravagant things. For our wedding ~ my mom sewed the dress, Aunt Marge worked on it too ~Nancy (Grams) made the awesome cake ~My Grandfather (remember the pictures from yesterday...) did the pictures ~Steve's Aunt Cathy and I did the flowers ~Mom also did Ariella's dress ~Rachel's dress was her own sewing and was first her prom gown :)



We had dinner at the Olive Garden, stayed the night in a hotel about 30 min outside of town, then on Saturday headed to California! We spent 4 fabulous days going to Disneyland and Knott's Berry farm.

I l♥ve this man more now then I ever did then. We have had our share of up's and downs and I wouldn't trade any of it... it has brought us closer together.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Adorable!