Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Oh the awesome power of music... and of Beth Moore

There has been a song that has touched me lately ... and it's not even one we've sung at church :)
The Song is called "The Motions" by Matthew West, I have tried to find it to put it on my playlist at the bottom of this blog, but alas it doesn't seem to be available yet... maybe someday... if you want to hear the song, go HERE (Matthew West's story is quite amazing!), but I am going to post the lyrics...

MATTHEW WEST

THE MOTIONS

This might hurt, it's not safe
But I know that I've gotta make a change
I don't care if I break,
At least I'll be feeling something
'Cause just okay is not enough
Help me fight through the nothingness of life

I don't wanna go through the motions
I don't wanna go one more day
without Your all consuming passion inside of me
I don't wanna spend my whole life asking,
"What if I had given everything,
instead of going through the motions?"

No regrets, not this time
I'm gonna let my heart defeat my mind
Let Your love make me whole
I think I'm finally feeling something
'Cause just okay is not enough
Help me fight through the nothingness of this life

'Cause I don't wanna go through the motions
I don't wanna go one more day
without Your all consuming passion inside of me
I don't wanna spend my whole life asking,
"What if I had given everything,
instead of going through the motions?"

take me all the way (take me all the way)
take me all the way ('cause I don't wanna go through the motions)
take me all the way (I know I'm finally feeling something real)
take me all the way

I don't wanna go through the motions
I don't wanna go one more day
without Your all consuming passion inside of me
I don't wanna spend my whole life asking,
"What if I had given everything,
instead of going through the motions?"

I don't wanna go through the motions
I don't wanna go one more day
without Your all consuming passion inside of me
I don't wanna spend my whole life asking,
"What if I had given everything,
instead of going through the motions?"

take me all the way (take me all the way)
take me all the way (I don't wanna go, I don't wanna go)
take me all the way (through the motions)
take me all the way

I don't wanna go through the motions

I think that one reason why it has had such an impact on me is because I DO feel like I am just going through the motions of my days and my weeks. I don't want to do that, God has said that he doesn't want us lukewarm, but HOT or COLD... and by golly I want to be on fire for HIM, I need to be! I am feeling spent emotionally. I need to reset myself. The great thing about this desire is that I can act on it! I am currently doing Beth Moore's study (can I just interject here that Beth has become one of my very good friends, even though I have never actually met the woman! I love her! She is such a gift from God and I am so thankful for her ability to speak/write directly to the heart of women... anyway it's her study) of Esther (It's tough being a woman!) and it couldn't have come at a better time! I will, at the end of these ten weeks, be a better woman for God!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is awesome, God will give you the desires of your heart and yes you will be more like Him each and every day...love you

All About Me said...

That sounds like a great song. I'm going to check it out! Thanks for the suggestion!