SO Friday morning bright and early... aka 9AM... Faith, Meg and I set out in the van for the state of Connecticut. Two pit stops (one of which was the Blue Colony Diner - a frequent stop/pick-up drop-off place for us when we were kids... what memories it brought back!), lunch and nine hours later we arrived at Aunt Marge and Uncle Barts house (which is an awesome house! and a different paragraph). Aunt Marge was there and helped up get our things unloaded from the van ....and introduced us to Mayzie, the puppy who has never seen little kids, was super bouncy because of this, and is wearing a 'cone of shame' (due to a scratched eye ball) LOL. We then went to dinner with Aunt Marge... the first place that she wanted to go to was 'closed' for a couple of weeks, so we went somewhere else, it was yum! Faith and Megan wanted to sit outside, until they realized that we weren't going to be under an umbrella AND it was a bit breezy, so we moved inside.
We were put-up (so to speak) in the basement apartment of their house. The girls just LOVED this little apartment in the back of the basement. It has a little 'living room' a separate bed room and a separate bathroom, with a kitchenette off the of the living room. It is rather cool! I had the girls sleep in the bedroom in the single bed together, so that I could close the door for them. Turns out that I should have slept in that room instead.. We had to keep their door open a crack (read: a foot) and the bathroom light on all night with that door open a crack, just so that these girls who are used to what I call 'the light of day night light' could sleep. I am so thankful that I brought my sleep mask!
The rest of the house is amazing! I don't know if I could do it justice trying to describe it.. a formal living room, kitchen with an island, dining room, family room, bathroom, and sewing room on the main floor... two bedrooms and a master bedroom with a bathroom (that's accessible from the hall as well) upstairs... in the basement, besides the mini apartment there is Uncle Bart's 'office.' I think what I love most about their house, though, is the garden! They have a HUGE yard that looks to be GREAT for any sort of garden.. the downfall they found shortly after moving there, is that the soil, really isn't... it's all rocky. So... the solution?... POTS, huge pots! Their garden is full of potted plants. It's great! I think I have a picture, and when I get them developed, I'll add them...
Friday night, Uncle Bart set up a 'firework' show for us. This is the point where I wish I had my camera back form Canon! In CT fireworks are legal, IF they are what are called 'sparklers,' Much like what you can hold in your hand, but crowd sized... aka stand back! They are cool, no big boom in the air, but more than hand held.
Saturday, the girls and I headed over to Rachel's house. From there we followed her to where the rest of the bridal party was being fitted for alterations with their bridesmaid dresses. All I can say is COOL! You'll have to wait till September to see what they look like, as I didn't get a picture... but I think we are going to be a nice looking group of people (yes there is one male in the bridal party, but it's Rach's second dad, so it's all good... unfortunately he wasn't there). As a side note... MY dress wont be in till early Aug.. it's a good thing I am doing my own alterations... While we were there, Rach measured the girls' heads for wreath type things for the wedding... Faith has a head that is slightly less then 20" around... while Megan has a head that is 20 1/2" inches around... go figure :) we though it was funny.
After the fittings, we all headed over to AM/UB's (that's Aunt Marge's and Uncle Bart's) for lunch and to get ready for the Bridal Shower (the whole reason we went to CT). The Shower was a lot of fun! The girls go to be big helpers and give the gifts to Rach. I 'got' to create the bouquet of bows that Rach will use during the rehearsal. It was fun (I think I even have a picture...). After the party wound down and all the people (most of whom I hadn't met before Sat) left, Faith wanted to go for a walk... so Aunt Marge hooked Mayzie to her leash, took off the cone, and we all headed out for a walk around the neighborhood... about 1 mile... I carried Megan a little as it was partly up hill (I know I shouldn't have, but I was sick of hearing her whining about walking... and besides her little legs can't go very fast). After our walk, we had dinner while watching "Robots," the girls LOVE that movie, and yet it's one we DON'T own (surprising, if you've ever seen our collection). Megan had an absolute breakdown when the movie ended, and didn't really want to go to bed... or do anything... she was just SO tired!
Sunday morning, we got a much later start then we did on Friday, but it was OK. We ate breakfast, and I let the girls have a last 'run' (throwing the ball to her) with Mayzie (they grew to be fairly comfortable with her, so long as Mayzie was held by an adult, or in her cage (aka bedroom)), because I knew that we'd be driving again all day. So another two pit-stops, lunch and nine hours later we came home to hot pizza, and a cool 'welcome home' sign made by Steve (it was the same sign I came home to after LPL that he made with the girls, but he added Faith and Megan's names). He even brought everything in from the van for us (isn't he awesome!!?)!
When I get the pictures developed off the disposable film camera, I will be defiantly adding them to this post, so stay tuned!
As a side note to all this... I did have a Dr apt on Thursday. It was a super quick one... weight, blood pressure, telling me to stop often while driving and listen to the heart beat, which was in the 140's again... AND scheduling of the BIG anatomy scan, when they measure all the baby's body parts and look to see if we can tell gender. ONE WEEK is all we have/had to wait (It's Thursday the 16th... tomorrow)!! Whoo hoo! I also went ahead and did the AFP blood test ( it 'helps the doctor estimate the chance that the baby may have certain problems or birth defects.')... and a test for Cystic Fibrosis... hey I was there... Other then that, no real changes here on the pregancy front.


No comments:
Post a Comment