Monday, July 6, 2009

17 weeks and counting

So here's a sort of weekly survey that I found (and altered a bit) to let everyone know what going on this past week in this pregnancy :)

How far along? 17weeks 2days

Total weight gain/loss: up about 7 lbs so far (though I think the Dr’s scale weighs heaver then my scale at home

Maternity clothes? Most of the time now... I do wear an occasional T-shirt if I’m not in a mood for preggo fashion. I’ve been in maternity pants since about 10 weeks. I can still wear somewhat normal PJ’s as most of them have elastic waistbands

Stretch marks? Only the ones from Faith and Megan yet...

Sleep: Good this week.. I had better knock on some wood, as they could take a turn for the not so good again any time. I have been having a glass of milk or hot coca (I know it’s summer, but it’s good) at bedtime which seems to help

Best moment this week: Watching fireworks at Lakemont with Steve and the girls and feeling the baby move while watching them.

Movement: about 5 out of 7 days total. It’s so neat feeling, barely there, but definitely baby!

Food cravings: Just about anything you mention! It all sounds good!

Any mood swings? Oh my goodness, I’ve had a couple of doozies of days this week. Total bad moods all day. Not good when I am supposed to be a happy smiley person at work!

Labor Signs: None yet! Thank the LORD!

Belly Button in or out? In, so far :) But it never did ‘pop’ out with either one of the girls

Wedding rings on or off? Still on for the most part, I think I have taken them off to sleep once so far, but it was a really hot night

What I miss: when Steve makes chili dogs, he will usually give me one :) Now he wont :(

What I am looking forward to: Appointment this week YEA! And hearing the heartbeat.. AND traveling to Rachel’s bridal shower (and no work). I am super excited to go!

Bought anything for baby? I actually bought a Boppy off of CraigsList this week... It’s blue, I’m hoping that I don’t have to make a pink cover :)

Weekly Wisdom: *warning* this is going to be a bit of a rant about my day at work yesterday (Sat)* When a pregnant woman has been standing since 9:30, in a bad mood, holding pee since about 12:30, and is jealous that everyone else got to go home early DON’T make her stay till 4:30, after she was supposed to get off at 4:00 and make her do “just one more thing” OH I WAS SO MAD!

Milestones: From Baby Center: Your baby's skeleton is changing from soft cartilage to bone, and the umbilical cord — his/her lifeline to the placenta — is growing stronger and thicker. Your baby weighs 5 ounces now (about as much as a turnip), and s/he's around 5 inches long from head to bottom. S/he can move her joints, and his/her sweat glands are starting to develop. AND according to Just Mommies: Fine hair called lanugo is starting to appear, and baby's fingerprints and toeprints are forming.

Prayer requests: If you feel so inclined to pray for us, I am going to let you in on concerns for us this week:
appointment this week, that things continue to look good;
travel mercies, that sitting that long doesn't create many problems... a few weeks back when we went to Pittsburgh, evidently I came home with a pinched nerve (all better now, but...);
good sleep

No comments: