Thursday, December 11, 2008

Introduction

Well I set this up a few months ago to be able to read a friend’s blog and meant to actually post some things here sometimes.. and just haven’t yet. I have no good excuse! So a little it about us as a family first? My name is Christina, I was born and raised in northern AZ, Flagstaff to be exact. I met my husband, Steve, through my college roommate and an old boyfriend’s mom (they were friends). I knew he was the one from our first date! I was scared to admit that to myself, but I knew it! We were married just 10 months after that first date.. he did propose just a couple of months after that first date. We were married in August of 2000 (so that when we are old and senile we could remember how many years we’d been married by what year it is... at least that was the joke between us). We had our first daughter, Faith, in March of 2004, after two long years of trying and finding out that I (probably) have something called PCOS, if you would like more info about it you may go here. We had our second daughter, Megan, just a short 20 months after Faith in October of 2005. Megan’s pregnancy was such a surprise... I had figured that if we started trying for another one when Faith was a year old, the children would be almost four years apart... well Faith’s birthday came around, and lo and behold I was already pregnant! I have to insert here that I LOVE being pregnant, and it seems to agree with me. As a family we moved to PA in January of 2007 for financial reasons. We actually started trying again for another child last February, and because of the PCOS it takes a while... In May I found out we were expecting again! I was so excited and hoping for a little boy. Long story short... the baby was a girl, she had a cystic hygroma, and an abnormal placenta and we lost her on Aug 6, 2008 at just 15 weeks. We gave her the name Corine Stephanie; Corine is my middle name and Stephanie is the feminine form of Steve. I know that she is in heaven with her great-grandma just fawning over her. I (we) miss her though!

No comments: