Yes you read that right, only it’s not quite what it sounds like (I'm too young at the age of 30... and my children only being 3 and 4). In the would of little girls, baby dolls come and go... But Grandpa came to visit last weekend and brought the Christmas gifts that my grandma Hults had bought for the girls. Well, they opened them already, and they are 25th anniversary Cabbage Patch Kids. These dolls look just the way I remember from my childhood, ha! So we went through the whole rigmarole of swearing in Faith and Megan to adopt these babies and be their mommy’s. Then there is the registering of the whole event online. It used to be that you mailed in a card, but now... well they will get an e-card on the dolls birthday. I am amazed!
The girls were (are) so excited! So Steve and I have begun joking about being too young to be grandparents.
None of the doll clothing we currently have will fit these dolls. Luckily one day this summer I bought some doll clothing patterns for super cheep (and amazing enough, one of the patterns is CPK). So my sewing machine will be doing some overtime to create a bit of a wardrobe for these new additions. I do think, though, that preemie sized clothing will fit them. The ‘kids’ are named Cassie Thomasina and Vernie Lauretta (we call her Laurie), these are the names that the dolls came with and the girls have decided to keep them.
A Slow Cooker Thanksgiving
10 months ago





No comments:
Post a Comment