I just realized from this title that I could put down two thousand and eight blessings from this past year, but I don't exactly have the time for that many... haha So, while this was a hard year in retrospect, there were quite a few blessings... so here are a few:
1. I found (re-found) Soul Cysters... and it's corresponding online message board for woman who have the same infertility problem that I have (and if you didn't know that we have and infertility problem... talk to me :)) The women there have been such a great support system and I can type anything there that Steve just doesn't want to listen to :)
2. My oldest turned 4. I can't believe how old she is getting! wasn't just yesterday that I was dreaming of having children... then holding her in my arms. She is such a smart little cookie... to smart for her own good sometimes :) Mommy loves you Faith!
3. On that same note... My second little girl turned 3! Who would have thought that after the first child took two long grueling years to conceive, the second would be a surprise and not take any time at all, in fact I was waiting for a new cycle to start before I realized that I was actually pregnant with this child. She is such a character! Mommy loves you too Megan!
4. I actually became pregnant this year! and it only took three cycles of me watching things to do it. While we did lose Corine, our loss was Heavens gain! I am saddened that we didn't get to know Corine, like I know the other two... but I know that Jesus will be telling her stories of her mommy, daddy and sisters over the years and I look forward to the day when Jesus will let me hold her again. Add to this one... I got to spend 13 wonderful weeks with this precious child (and did feel her kick me once).
5. My mom got to come visit... and stay for a month! I know I have said this before, but I am so glad for all the visitors we've had this year! I am amazed that my mom actually go on a plane and left the comfort of her home to be bounced upon by her grandchildren. I am also glad that she was here when I took my HPT that was positive and gave us Corine. I am glad that "butterfly Grandma" isn't juat a name but an actual person to my girls, that means a lot to me.
6. We got to visit family in Ohio when Kim got married! I love weddings and to be there when it's your own family is even better!
7. I have great doctors. Even though I have not been to the Dr's office since the miscarriage, they were very compassionate and wonderful in the situation. I just hope that I will be able to use them again soon. :)
8. Susan, my mother-in-law got to come visit. This is another one where I am so happy that my children know who "Grandmum" is in real life and not just pictures. The time we spent with her was so precious. And to have Susan here on Thanksgiving was great. And I love that she says that she has three granddaughters, two that she can hug and one that Jesus can hug!
9. Aunt Becky came to visit!! This one was such a surprise, as Beck lives in South Africa as a missionary there, but took an extended furlough this year and was able to come visit. Beck is my sister, via me moving in with her family when I was in High School. She means so much to me. Love ya beck!
10. This was my goal... 10. So My last one... My husband! I love him SOOOOO much, I couldn't live without him. He is the best thing I could have ever hoped for as a little girl, and then some. Steve was so supportive and willing to do so much for me when we miscarried, and he hurt and grieved just as much as I did. I know that God put us together, and I pray for many MANY more years together. I love him more than I could have thought was possible, even on my wedding day... It's an old saying, but I love him more now then on our wedding day, and less today then tomorrow.
11. OK so that wasn't my last one, but these last ones will have to be quick... My MOPS group, with out them I would be so lost!
12. Our church, the people are some of the best, and were really supportive with everything that went 'wrong' with Corine's pregnancy... and attached to that my care group... which is just a small extension of church, but these people mean a lot to me!
OK... So have a Happy New Year everyone!! May the Lord's blessing upon us all in this coming year!
<3 Christina
A Slow Cooker Thanksgiving
8 months ago


1 comment:
Many great blessings! God is so good. I'm so glad that I got to come visit. I love living in Africa and wouldn't trade it for anything but I do miss and grieve time spent with family. But I guess that makes it all the better when we do get to spend time together! Love ya. Give the girls a big hug for me
Post a Comment