******************************************************
In September all four of us (plus the one in the belly) ventured to the state of Connecticut once again for my cousin Rachel’s wedding. The event was fabulous! The girls LOVED being flower girls and I have to admit I didn’t look too different from the rest of the bridesmaids... save for the huge belly. You can view some of our pictures form that weekend HERE. The first ones are from the aquarium that is close to where the wedding was (Mystic).
The most adventurous part of the whole weekend, though, was NOT wedding related. We had just checked into our hotel and I had decided that I was hungry and wanted to find food... and there was a little issue of we still needed to get the happy couple a gift (oops). So we ventured to a nearby mall. As I was trying to pull into a parking spot, we heard an ominous CrUnCh! Upon investigation, we saw that our front driver side tire was perpendicular to the rest of the van. After many tears and phone calls and some time in the food court and some incredible acts of God (no lie – too many to list, but some include: my aunts AAA covering the tow, and the security guard being incredibly helpful and offering more help), the van was towed to the opposite side of the mall where there was a SEARS auto center. So after spending the next day (Saturday) squished into the rental car of the Maid of Honor (she definitely earned her title...), finding out what we had broken (at this moment I can’t recall...), and paying WAY too much for it, we got our van back :) and it seems to be working fine now.
*********************************************************
Also in September, Faith Started Kindergarten...
... and we went to the baby shower of a friend that I used to work with at the restaurant...
**********************************************************
In October we celebrated Megan turning four! I still can’t believe that she is that old. Grandpa came to visit and she had a very quaint (just the five of us) “party” at Friendly’s (one of our favorite restaurants! ... and I may have a job there when I am ready to go back to work LOL). Here are a few pictures from that.

*********************************************************
There was “trunk-or-Treat” at church, the day after Megan’s birthday. I had never experienced anything like this, but it was a lot of fun and the girls are still working on candy from the event. If you’ve never heard of such a thing... what it is, is people from the church take their vehicles (at the church) and decorate them with a theme and hand out candy from their car. So all we had to do was walk around the church parking lot like we were trick-or-treating. Like I said, lots of fun... here are a few pictures of some of the vehicles:
the big fish from the account of Jonah :)*********************************************************
In November, (or slightly before) we started getting calls from the preschool that Faith went to (Head Start) that we thought Megan was going to just go to next year... Well a state budget finally passed (one of the reasons she wouldn’t have gone this year) and because most of the already four year olds had found a different preschool to attend, there was room for Megan. So In Nov, she started preschool!
Some pictures from her first day:

outside on the playground.
********************************************************
Over the last few months I have done some sewing beyond baby doll clothing, so here are some of my recent creations
I have a few more things in the works, I just have to actually pull out the sewing machine and put it away every time I want to sew now, because where I had the machine before was where we needed to put the Christmas tree. I will gladly move stuff for that. I love our tree

...and we even have one outside with a small train village

*******************************************************
On the baby front...
I have reached 38 weeks plus... I am VERY uncomfortable! This is the longest I have ever been pregnant for... it is also the first time we have made it to the month I am due in (Faith was due in April born in March and Megan was due in Nov born in Oct)
My last couple of OB appointments have proved to be very interesting. At my 36 week apt (35w6d) they did the group B strep test that is done every pregnancy. It came back negative :). And they checked me and I was 2-3 cm dilated already. The next week’s apt I was at still at 3cm 80% effaced. At my 38 week apt I was at 4cm. With Megan, at 38 weeks I was 6cm before I knew anything, and wasn’t feeling any contractions (in AZ they went ahead and induced me then). This OB has said that they don’t do anything to speed labor along till 39 weeks (I think that wold be this next apt tomorrow at 38w5d), but I am becoming very impatient. I can feel a few contractions, but I have a high pain threshold and only feel them when they are strong (they are not very painful yet though).
I did wake up this morning to what felt like menstrual cramp pain, but it was continuous and didn’t correlate to any of the contractions that I was feeling... I thought I was going to be calling the OB, but the contrax have fizzled out and I am just feeling a dull pain now... hopefully something happens really soon. Another apt is scheduled for tomorrow (Thursday).
Here are a few of may last belly pictures:


















2 comments:
loved the update and pictures! ;-)
mmm your belly is huge, it looks uncomfortable. sorry!
do you have a new baby yet? Can't wait to see pictures...
miss you guys, love you!
loved the update and pictures! ;-)
mmm your belly is huge and looks so uncomfortable, sorry.
do you have a new baby yet?! can't wait to see pictures...
miss you guys, love you!
Post a Comment