Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Announcing... Holly Ruth!

Sunday evening (Dec 6th) I got a call from the hospital telling me that they've had an induction spot open up for the next day and I should be there between 6-7am Monday. (They told me at the Dr's the previous Thursday that they would do that if something opened up before my next apt Mon at 10am). So I was set to go in Monday morning

About 12:30 or so that night (after midnight) I felt the baby move a bit funny like and didn't think much of it. About 1/2 an hour later I went to the restroom and my undies were more wet then they should have been and I started feeling some intense contractions. We called the Dr back up and call the baby sitter for the girls and in we went to the hospital.

We got there about 2am and they checked me and said that I was 6-7 cm dilated ...and that my membranes were bulging. That meant that if my water did break, like I think it did, that it was a high leak and would have been too much to worry about. So we sat there being monitored for about 1-1.5 hours. The Dr came back in and offered me some pain meds and to break my water (again). I decided on the pain meds and to wait on breaking the water. A little while later, he came back and said that maybe we should break my water... well I agreed and then as the doctor was getting ready to do that (according to Steve) at that moment the monitors "blurped" and we heard a pop and there was a GUSH! No need for Dr intervention there!! But.... there is meconium, so we have to take some extra precautions during delivery. So now the Dr is busy getting things ready for birth. All of a sudden I HAVE to push!!! but the Dr isn't ready and is trying to tell me to wait... emphasis on the TRY, I am! This is when the nurse looks over and says we have a head!! At this point the Dr doesn't even have his gloves on, and is telling me... begging me not to push! So as quick as he can, he gets ready, suctions out what they can and gives me permission to push. One or two pushes later we have a baby at 4:52am! Talk about quick!

After all that The Dr saw that I tore pretty badly (3rd degree with 4th being the worst -- because of Holly's very quick entrance), so we spent the next hour or so stitching me up. The Special "magic" lights refused to focus like they were supposed to, and the doctor finally asked for a snake light, when that got there the bulb was very dim and so in the end, with lots of morphine involved (yuck)... he tried to stitch it all with what faulty lighting we did have (partly by having the nurses and my Hubby moving the bed all over the room to get it into the lights as best they could.)... now we are all hoping that he could see what he needed to and that he got everything.

Pictures aren't working :( ... maybe later... or go here

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats! oh my gosh the picture of you and the three girls is precious. and Holly is so big compared to her sisters.

BurttBunch said...

CONGRATULATIONS on your newest addition!!! Holly Ruth looks ADORABLE!!!!! Glad things went smoothly as possible and hope you are adjusting well!