Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valenstime day

Yes I know that I spelled that wrong, but 'Valenstime' is how Faith and Megan say it. It was a good day!! I had to be at work, like all Saturday's and be there an extra hour. When I finally got home, there were gifts on the table for everyone (the girls and I actually had to go wrap Steve's - I had forgotten to before hand), and Steve was working on a wonderful Mexican dinner of (soft) Tacos... Yum, which means "Grandma Naomi's recipe" for the meat and then the regular taco fixins; but he also did fajitas... OH they were so good, everything was!! For dessert Steve had made shortcake in the shape of a heart and had sliced some strawberries that I found on sale last week (yum) and we had Strawberry Shortcake... I was SO full afterward. And what about the gifts? Well, the girls both got a small heart of chocolates, we gave Steve a T-shirt (he goes through those fast - as well as pants...) and a Gardner's chocolate that says 'DAD' (he LOVES Gardner's chocolate, so I didn't feel too bad for giving him chocolate - something he doesn't ususlly like). My gift was a NEW (well I think refurbished, but...) Sewing Machine!!! I am SUPER stoked about this, as the one I had was starting to give out (timing issues and now no zig-zag)... now I'm sure that someone who knows what the are doing when tinkering with a sewing machine, could give it a nice tune up and it would work great again. I am just not that person! So a new one is FABULOUS!!! This one will do things that I never dreamed you could do with 'el-cheapo' basic sewing machines. And to top it off, it is SO much quieter!! Not sure yet what we are going to do with the old one, as I don't really want to just toss it, but I'm sure we'll figure it out.


The new machine, in the midst of the "Clothing for new Cabbage Patch Kids" project.

So, I hope everyone had a nice "Valenstime" Day!

No comments: