Friday, December 31, 2010

A few blessings from 2010 and some hopes for 2011

It's been a strange year, 2010, dealing with a newborn/ now one year old and her big sisters; and realizing late in the year that I am dealing with a bit of PPD. SO a few blessings from this year are in order!
* I have three beautiful growing little girls
*Faith turned 6, Megan turned 5, and Holly had her first birthday this year
*I have a wonderful husband that is way too good for me!
*Though it was for a sad event, we got to see some family in April
*Grandmum came to visit!!
* Grandpa came to visit too (the girl's birthdays and for a ball game in the summer and Christmas)
*Faith donated 10 inches of hair to Locks of Love, and still has long hair!
*Faith and Megan are doing exceptionally well in school!
*We got a Wii for Steve's and my birthdays (having loads of fun on it :) )
*The girls started some extra curricular activities.... Girl Scouts (well, Megan isn't officially one, but the leaders are letting her tag along, it's great) and Faith was in a community chorus for their Christmas concert
*That wonderful hubby (with some help from some other people) gave me a deep freezer fo Christmas!! Woo hoo!!
*THIS picture was taken for me... as soon as I get the money saved up I am going to buy the jpeg of it :)
*I got a job that I L.O.V.E - A home daycare run by a friend I met at MOPS. This is what I went to school for and as an added bonus I can take Holly and Megan's preschool bus will drop her off there too. I couldn't ask for much better. Unfortunately "Miss Sara" can only have a max of 14 kiddos at one time, so me bringing in two of my own limits the amount of time I can be there. There have been days that I am there until Megan gets there cause she makes child #15.

I'm not a big "New Years Resolutions" kind of person. Some years I just can't think of anything I want to change that I'm not already working on (it's not a new resolution if you are already working on it) and other years I don't want to be disappointed come Feb when whatever it was hasn't happened. So I am not doing resolutions, but am going to mention a couple things I hope to do in 2011:
*A picture of one of the kiddos every day for the year. I've seen this done on a lot of other blogs and have thought 'I might be able to do that!' Not sure if I should do just Holly (being as how she is the one growing so quickly at the moment) with brief cameos from the older two, or if I should do all three (which would be a lot of work)... maybe what I'll do is get Holly on a daily basis and get the older two in one picture at least once a week. (Maybe this will provide something for my Friday Fotos more often)
*Freezer cooking - I've seen and heard good things about making meals ahead of time, freezing them and then having dinner basically ready for a couple of days during the week (having a deep freezer is GREAT for this!)
*I thought I had one more, but am experiencing a bit of mommy brain at the moment... if I remember I'll be sure to put in on here.

Here's to a blessed 2011!

No comments: