We decided to make a trip to Ohio on April 10
The reason... my Aunt passed away. She had been fighting breast cancer for over three years. She fought a good and brave fight.
I did not realize until we were at her celebration of life service just how phenomenal this woman was. I knew that she always said that she didn't have time to be sick, but from what people have said about her, ....Wow!
When I was growing up, visits were few and far between, but I remember her very fondly! I spent summers with my Dad and his family and spent some time in OH with her and my Uncle and cousins. I remember feeling very much at home when I was there. It was refreshing.






So our trip was to remember her. Keep her husband and kids in your thoughts and prayers as they adjust to a 'new normal' without this wonderful woman. I will miss her.BUT, we did get to see some family that we don't get to see very often. That was really nice!
My Grandma


Holly did remarkably well on the four hour trip... all things considered... we did stop once each way to feed her and so Faith and Meg could get out and run around. We are contemplating a trip to CT this summer to see family up there (it was an 8 hr drive last year while pg)... so after this last weekend I think it may be do-able with a few stops.
Holly's four month appointment was Monday the 19, I was quite anxious to hear how much she weighs. LOL I have quite the big girl already :) ...and her stats are: 14lbs 12oz, 25.25" long and a head circumference of 41.5 cm. She's bigger then her sisters were at this point, I am thinking that she may have to move into the next sized clothing (from 3-6 month to 6-9 month) sooner then her mommy wants. :) (as a side note... Megan wore 6-9 month clothing till she was 15 months
...haha)
A Raggity Ann from Butterfly Grandma, she loves it!
Four Month Pictures


Totally Faith's idea! cute :)
And a couple of funny pictures...
the morning hair doo :)
...and the fallen bow


And a couple of funny pictures...
the morning hair doo :)...and the fallen bow






2 comments:
shame, sorry for the sadness. but at least you are close enough that you got to go and got to see family.
the girls are so big (all three of them) and so cute!
i love the new family shot!
SS for your loss.
I absolutely love the front porch pic of you guys...so beautiful.
Post a Comment